Under the steerage of its Advocacy Steering Committee, SAFCA advocates for disadvantaged and vulnerable people in financial difficulty.
We do this by:
- Advocating for financially disadvantaged and vulnerable people in South Australia and the Northern Territory.
- Ensuring that people who need financial counselling can access the right service.
- Positively influencing credit and hardship practices in financial services, utilities,telcos and other organisations.
- Joining with other sector organisations, Financial Counselling Australia and other state associations in campaigning for better outcomes for those experiencing poverty and disadvantage.
- Promoting the sector as a whole to normalise help-seeking in response to financial vulnerability, and to promote
- understanding of financial counselling services and how to access them.