Salvos - Financial Counsellor Full Time - Kangaroo Island
Kingscote Community Centre
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Financial Counsellors provide financial counselling to clients and conduct thorough assessment processes that ensures that clients receive a prompt and efficient service.
- Provide a holistic financial counselling and advocacy service to people in financial difficulty or crisis which recognises the ways in which other life issues may interact with personal financial issues, considers the clients' unique circumstances, their financial history and financial behaviours
- Conduct group community education (financial literacy/capability) sessions where appropriate and in consultation with the Moneycare Manager with a view to helping people build longer-term capability, manage their money better and make informed choices
- Operate the local Moneycare practice with autonomy but within TSA and Moneycare policy and procedure, managing own scheduling, case load and reporting of statistical data.
This position is based on Kangaroo Island servicing the local community.
HOURS AND SALARY
This is a full time position, 38 hours per week fixed term, to June 2021. Salary and conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry 2010, Level 5.For a confidential discussion, please contact Elizabeth Kerekes on +61 8 8214 0231.
Uniting Care Wesley Bowden - Aboriginal Financial Capability Worker
Are you a Financial Capability Worker with experience in delivering services to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) people? .
Do you have an interest in educating people to make better financial decisions? .
Use your considerable expertise to deliver high quality money management and coaching skills in a community services organisation with 160 years of history.
- part-time fixed term @ 0.5 FTE
- Generous salary packaging
- Flexible work arrangements
AnglicareSA - Full time Intake and Assessment Worker
About the position
- Full-time, fixed-term contract (until 30 June 2021)
- Based in Elizabeth
- Be the first point of contact of individuals requesting information and support relating to financial services and provide appropriate referrals
- Attractive salary packing options available
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a passionate individual with fantastic communication skills who loves working in a team environment but can also power on solo. The Intake & Assessment Worker is the first point of contact for individuals and services requesting information and support relating to AnglicareSA Community Financial Services, including financial counselling, financial literacy and microfinance programs. You will have an eye for detail and enjoy juggling tasks, talking to community members and other agencies, managing appointments and providing referral pathways that support and enhance a client's life and living skills.For further information please contact Carolyn Piper on 0403 496 524.
Salvos - Financial Capability Worker - Copper Coast / Pt Pirie (full time)
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Financial Capability Worker, you will work to ease the suffering or hardship of people in financial difficulty by helping people build longer-term capability to manage their money better and make informed choices. In this role you will deliver financial literacy education, and options to deal with financial situations that may include; repayment plans, realisation of assets, increasing income, reducing expenditure.
This is a full time position, 38 hours per week fixed term to June 2021.
Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 3.
WHAT WE OFFER
- As a registered not for profit organisation in addition to your remuneration you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family members
- Corporate Private Health Insurance rates
- Supportive and encouraging organisation
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- A Certificate III in Community Services, or equivalent, incorporating the three financial literacy units, or be willing to complete.
- Excellent customer service skills with a helpful disposition
- The ability to work with different cultures and backgrounds
- Working knowledge and understanding of Income Management (highly desirable)
For a confidential discussion, please contact Elizabeth Kerekes on +61 8 8214 0231.
CAWLS - Financial Counsellor - Domestic & Family Violence (full time) Alice Springs and remote Northern Territory
Due to recently received funding, Central Australian Women's Legal Service (CAWLS) is looking for a Financial Counsellor to join their team in Alice Springs on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Managing Principal Solicitor, you will be providing holistic, client-focused and confidential financial counselling to CAWLS clients, with a particular focus on women experiencing domestic and family violence.
This is a Female identified position.
For more information, contact CAWLS 1800 684 055
Lutheran Community Care - Financial Counsellor Domestic & Family Violence Specialist - Alice Springs
Please see attached a position for the role of Financial Counsellor Domestic & Family Violence Specialist, based in Alice Springs.
In Central Australia, LCC provide a financial literacy program, emergency relief, financial counselling and parenting support in Alice Springs as well as providing an Intensive Family Support Service (IFSS) at Ntaria (Hermannsburg).
Working from our Alice Springs site you will provide a specialist Financial Counselling service to help people impacted by domestic and/or family violence address their financial problems and make informed choices.
Have a sound understanding of domestic and family violence and the ability to provide a culturally sensitive and trauma informed service
An understanding of Central Australian Indigenous culture and the ability to work with people from Indigenous communities
Provide high level and confidential financial counselling to clients
Provide advocacy and accurate information regarding financial rights, responsibilities, debt management legislation, credit regulations and consumer finance issues
Refer clients where appropriate to other services as needed
Provide community education and build resilience for vulnerable people
Undertake extensive travel throughout Central Australia with overnight stays in a range of accommodation. Some travel may require driving a 4WD vehicle over large distances
It is essential to hold a Diploma of Community Service (Financial Counselling) and be eligible to become a member of South Australian Financial Counsellors Association for this role. You will also require a National Police Clearance, an NT Ochre Card for working with children and young people and a current and unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence. Please refer to the Job Description for all the duties and responsibilities.
LCC Level 5
For further information contact:
To apply please provide a Cover Letter and Resume to Elke Helten